Live-in care helps you live the life you want on your own terms. By getting to know your preferences and routines, we will put a unique package of support in place with a carefully chosen caregiver. Together, we help you stay in the home you know and love.
Live-in care is assistance and care provided to you in your own home, enabling you to retain your independence and live the life you want to lead. From support for those living with dementia, the elderly or those with complex medical needs, live-in care allows you to receive person-centred one-to-one support on your terms.
As the name suggests, a carer lives with you in your home to provide care whenever you require it, giving you and your family peace of mind that you always have someone on hand should you need them.
What does a live-in care service include?
The everyday services that a carer might provide include, but are not limited to:
- Personal care and medication support
- Complex care such as PEG feeding or catheter management
- Ensuring that dietary and nutritional needs are being met
- Companionship and support
- Housekeeping and other daily domestic tasks
Live-in or residential. What’s best for me?
To help you decide between live-in care or a residential care home, we’ve compiled a comparison of key points for you below:
Live-in Care from HomeCare Bromley:
– enables you to stay in the comfort of your own home
– personal, one-to-one 24-hour care from a dedicated carer
– you dictate your lifestyle and routines
– you have freedom of choice for food
– you won’t be separated from your pets or partner
Residential Care/Care Homes
– requires moving to a new, unfamiliar environment
– carers operate on a shift pattern – responsibility is shared across residents
– change of lifestyle – working to somebody else’s routine
– set menu and regulated mealtimes
– pets not always permitted and partner would stay at home
How to access this service
You will normally be referred to our service by your local authority or a health professional. Where you intend to pay for care yourself, you can contact our team on 020 8464 8811 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.